Blacklight power is all the rage this morning. It appears that they are intending to reveal an unbelievable energy generator to the world on January 28th at 11 AM.
They say, “Our safe, non-polluting power-producing system catalytically converts the hydrogen of the H2O-based solid fuel into a non-polluting product, lower-energy state hydrogen called “Hydrino”.”
Interesting specifics of the press release include:
- “BlackLight has produced millions of watts of power in a volume that is one ten thousandths of a liter.”
- This is “a power density of over an astonishing 10 billion watts per liter.”
- “The projected cost of the SF-CIHT cell is between $10 and $100/kW”
- “The power is in the form of plasma … that can be converted directly to electricity using highly efficient magnetohydrodynamic converters.
- The above info was extracted from businesswire.com. I could not find the press release on the blacklight website.
- I have also seen it on: financial post, venturebeat, nextbigfuture and e-catworld. My search has hardly been exhaustive.
I note also, “Using a proprietary water-based solid fuel confined by two electrodes of a SF-CIHT cell, and applying a current of 12,000 amps through the fuel.” This statement may limit the scope of blacklight’s system to large power generation plants.
I have always been sceptical of Blacklight because they seem to need a very different physics, hydrinos. I know that that they have reported (kinda) independent studies of their technology. So the big question is, will January 28, 2014 go down in history as the day fossil fuels became obsolete?